J. David Markham
David Markham graduated cum laude from Empire College School of Law in 2000. He has been practicing law since 2001. He began his career as a Deputy District Attorney in Lake County. After two years he left the District Attorney's office to work for a local law firm where he practiced in a variety of areas of the law, including criminal defense, insurance defense, and personal injury. Mr. Markham opened his own practice in 2004.
Mr. Markham has offices in Lakeport and Ukiah. His practice covers all of Lake and Mendocino counties including courts in Clearlake, Lakeport, Ukiah, Willits and Fort Bragg.
Mr. Markham has been involved in criminal law since he became an attorney in 2001. Mr. Markham has been involved in over 40 jury trials both as a prosecutor and defense attorney. As a defense attorney, Mr. Markham has obtained successful results after trial for his clients on the following charges:
- Possession of Firearm by Convicted Felon (Not guilty verdict)
- Criminal Threats (Not guilty verdict)
- Resisting a Peace Officer by Force or Violence (Not guilty verdict)
- Auto Theft (Not guilty verdict)
- Possession of Heroin for Sale (Not guilty verdict)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (Not guilty verdict)
- Identity Theft (Not guilty verdict)
- Rape (Dismissal after trial)
- ChildMolestation (Dismissal after trial)
Mr. Markham has also been successful in obtaining pre-trial dismissals of felonies and misdemeanors, in litigation of preliminary hearings and pre-trial motions, and in negotiations with the prosecution. Mr. Markham fights for his clients through every stage of the criminal process.
Mr. Markham's experience representing insurance companies gives him unusual insight when representing his clients in personal injury cases. Mr. Markham works hard for his clients to obtain the largest settlement possible.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Claims
- Drug Offenses
- Theft and Property Crimes
- White Collar Crimes
- Firearms Offenses
- Sex Offenses
- Violent Crimes and Murder
- Car, Truck, Motorcycle and Boating Accidents
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents and Dog Bite Injuries
- Medical Marijuana
- Criminal Law
- Litigation & Appeals
- Empire College School of Law, Santa Rosa, California - 2000
- Honors: Cum Laude